The trail is suitable for all ages but there are hazards to watch out for.
- There are steep drop offs. Keep children away from the cliffs.
- Carry plenty of drinking water and never assume stream water is safe to drink.
- Don’t count on your cell phone working in the wilderness.
- Stay on the trail.
- Watch for snakes and other critters.
- Watch for poison ivy and other dangerous plants.
- Avoid hiking alone because the “buddy system” is safer during any type of activity. If traveling with a group, never stray from the group.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will return. Don’t forget to check in with them when you get back.